Nonna's prawn and asparagus pasta recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Seafood pasta
- Prawn pasta
A quick and easy pasta dish inspired by my Italian grandmother. Use pasta shells, orrechietti, or farfalle.
51 people made this
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g (9 oz) cooked and peeled prawns
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- dried crushed chillies to taste
- salt to taste
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese to serve
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium low heat. Sauté prawns, asparagus and garlic until asparagus is bright green and tender but crisp. Stir in chillies and salt. Toss with pasta of your choice and sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(47)
Reviews in English (43)
I used Parmesan instead of pecorino and it really didn't work so I added a big scoop of Philadelphia with Chive along with the Parmesan and it was actually very nice.-20 Mar 2014
This was such an easy recipe to make and was so tasty. I added a little white wine to the garlic and oil before adding the shrimp. I also added a little water from the pasta pot to make it a little soupier. I served it with a salad and a hunk of Italian bread which people used to soak up the sauce. This is a really nice recipe to make when you are really tired and you have company coming over or you want to make a special dinner in 10 minutes flat! Goes great with white wine or champagne.-24 Mar 2006
Took the advice of other reviewers and added a bit of butter and white wine to the shrimp and asparagus. Served over farfalle with fresh grated Romano. Fantastic dinner in 30 minutes or less! This ones a keeper. Thanks for a great recipe.-09 Jan 2007